If you follow these in your daily life, You will live a healthy and happy life.
- Eat a balanced and varied diet.
- You should consume foods within the basic food groups (cereals, fruits, vegetables, dairy, and meat), but choose foods that are low in saturated and Trans fats, cholesterol, added sugars, and salt. Choose lean meats and poultry and incorporate more fish, beans, peas, nuts and seeds for added protein sources.
- Based on a 2,000 calorie diet, you should consume fats sparingly (less than 3 servings of high fat foods per day). Consume the following on a daily basis:
- 5 servings of fruits and vegetables. These foods are high on vitamins and minerals
- 4 or more servings of whole grain foods (wheat, jowar, bajra, makki and ragi etc.). These foods are high on fiber
- 3 servings of high-quality protein (lean meats, beans, nuts, seeds). These foods also contain lots of available calcium and other essential vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids.
- 3 servings of low fat milk or dairy products.