If you follow the following instructions, your silk saree will always be new.
- Gently rinse your silk saree in plain cold water. For the first three washes don’t use soap.
- You can use shampoo or your bathing soap for the subsequent washes.
- It is very important to note that wash the pallu, border and body separately.
- You can use a protein shampoo with warm/cold water. The shampoo protein will feed the protein in the silk.
- Avoid using chemicals – these may damage and reduce the lifespan of the silk.
- Do not brush or lash the silk saree; it might lead to tearing the zari.
- Avoid twisting or wringing the silk.
- Do not bundle and keep wet for long durations.